Senior Telecom Services Professional
About Horizon River
Horizon River has a long history of delivering managed services (business-class internet service, network management, technical support). We have developed a particular proficiency serving multi-location businesses like franchises in the retail, service, and food industries.
We are driven to become serve our clients’ technology-related needs through our managed services offerings.
We are driven to recruit and retain strong technology professionals.
We are driven to deliver value to our clients, employees, and shareholders.
HRT is seeking an enthusiastic, personable, and qualified Senior Telecommunications / Internet Services Professional with a go-getter attitude who will stop at nothing to source, negotiate, procure, administer, and optimize our internet circuits and network infrastructure on behalf of our clients.
- Demonstrate strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to small and large audiences
- Coordinate, plan, update, and drive the implementation of Operational Telecom/Internet Strategy & Roadmap to ensure all current and future projects and initiatives are in synch and staying within the framework of our Operational Strategy.
- Manage 30+ relationships with our national, regional, and local internet circuit providers (Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Time Warner, etc.)
- Includes establishing and managing national and regional vendor relationships with companies that deliver internet service to subscribers
- Negotiating pricing, construction costs, and contract terms
- Optimize internal processes for the procurement, provisioning, and management of circuits
- Develop accurate project plans and budgets
- Track SLAs with service providers
- Interface with project teams (internal, client, and provider) to coordinate the installation, configuration, and optimization of circuits
- Collaborate with our Engineers for timely and successful deployment services.
- Coordinate schedules
- Provision services
- Lead deployment meetings
- Manage change orders
- Interface with our accounting group to ensure proper billing from our providers
- Develop and manage processes for telecom expense management
- Act as the main point-of-contact for our clients
- Manage day-to-day processes for new and upgraded services
- Communicate effectively to all constituents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Get-it-done attitude and urgency
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritize appropriately
- Articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - both oral and written
- Experience engaging directly with senior management
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to think outside the box to find solutions to problems
- Ability to adapt and stretch to meet the business needs of a fast-growing technology organization.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in a dynamic group environment, as well as independently as dictated by the respective project(s)
- A strong analytical mind and a determination to get to the bottom of problems.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in telecommunications
- 5+ years’ experience working with service providers and carriers within the telecom space with a deep u nderstanding of the sourcing, negotiating, and contracting
This opportunity is based in Atlanta, GA and w e offer an exceptional benefits package .
Horizon River Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Drug Free Workplace. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EOE/Disability/Vet
About Horizon River
Since its founding in 2005, Horizon River Technologies has grown into a team of over three hundred professionals who specialize in network architecture and engineering, hardware and software selection and procurement, information security, point of sale support, remote tech support and service desk services, nationwide field service dispatch and management, network and security monitoring and reporting, application development, Oracle (Gold) implementation and support, industry vertical specific (healthcare and retail) application support, and telecommunications/internet delivery. We are minority-owned and pride ourselves on the diverse and talented team we have assembled. HRT works hard to bring our clients the best custom solutions for their business needs, and we are constantly innovating and expanding our offerings to better serve our clients.
Horizon River leverages technology to solve business problems, improve operations and improve financial performance through cost structuring and savings. Our Application Development, Infrastructure and Security Experts provide big IT services with boutique, personalized service throughout the United States.